Redwood Saves Fortune 100 CPG Manufacturer $1.3M In Freight Spend
With Redwood, a Fortune 100 CPG manufacturer transformed their supplier compliance performance and freight spend analysis to reduce risks and costs across their supply chain.
Inefficient logistics operations and lack of business intelligence (BI) tools provided no visibility into supplier compliance performance, or freight spend analysis. In turn, their merchandising supply chain operations were exposed to heightened risks and costs.
Redwood approached the Fortune 100 CPG manufacturer’s Six Sigma Team, and key supplier personnel, to implement a beta managed freight solution to improve its network chokepoints and supplier KPIs. In less than 45 days, Redwood deployed a fully mapped beta plan that integrated its proprietary technology, RedwoodConnect, and logistics experts to support merchandising volume for the next 12 months.
Some of the key tactics Redwood used in its implementation included:
- Multi-modal API integrations for efficient cost-service selection.
- Freight consolidation and routing guide optimization.
- Supplier load forecasting and carrier procurement (48 hrs. lead-time).
- Centralized point of contact for freight management and issue resolutions.
- Administration of freight bills and associated accessorials.
- Monthly cost and service reporting of established business KPIs.
Following the 12-month trial, Redwood presented Fortune 100 CPG leadership with an in-depth analysis of the beta program, which resulted in sizeable reduction in overall freight spend and an increase in order execution.
Through the implementation of Redwood’s beta managed freight solution, the manufacturer was able to transform its supply chain from a cost-center to competitive advantage by:
- Saving $1.3M in freight spend due to automated API rating and carrier selection.
- Increasing order execution by 19% through enhanced production planning.
- Automating file uploads for efficient parcel fulfillment and reporting.
- Integrating Redwood’s managed freight solution for more than 25 North American suppliers.
- Identifying new avenues for potential cost-savings due to Redwood’s pilot program.